PhotosByTom: Photo Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
ThomasHAdams
ShutterBug
ShutterBug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote

With photography comes emotion. Something that is often hard to capture with a photograph. Many times when I posting on other forums, I take the time to write out some long reply, generally when someone is full of it or when I feel offended and or pissed off. In any case, I end up writing it all up and then what... I click back and all is lost. Why do I do this, I am not sure, perhaps I am just getting it out and seeing it written just reminds me that most people have the attention span of a 4 year old child. Very Happy myself included!

I always enjoyed poetry, or just writing my thoughts about an image. When I post on DPreview, NikonCafe, NikonGear, etc. I would not do so, most of them are strangers and I just simply do not wish to put myself out there like that. The last thing I want to do at times is explain what I wrote to someone who needs more "data"*. With writing, as well as photographs, people tend to interject there own viewpoints and thoughts as well as feelings into your "work". It is not that they do not understand, it is that the experiences of life, their life, are different than mine. With that all I can say is take what I write as a brief moment in time, and for what is written. The more your analyze it, the more the meaning becomes obscured.

For awhile what I will be doing with my project is in the relative forum I will place a photo. Maybe more than one photo, and then I will post my feelings, or thoughts, or perhaps a poem, whatever I fancy goes! If you would like to join in, please feel free to do so. If you would like to comment I am ok with that. All I ask is that you keep an open mind, with art, you must take it in and swish it around in your mouth like a good glass of wine. Just a side note, wine tastes terrible but you get the idea Wink

On to the project. We should have a name for this and perhaps it will come to me, for now it will just be "The Project"

*Data in this usage refers to the great information highway, in that everyone that spends any amount of time suffers from overload and they begin to copy and paste data from one page to another (generally a forum) to prove a point that originated from feelings and not from logic. Or of course, to have others believe they actually know everything about anything. Anyone can find anything on the Internet to support what you said, and regardless of what someone else finds, they are still wrong. Welcome to the Internet, no one thinks, no one communicates, and more than ever, they all "copy and paste".

View next topic
View previous topic