PhotosByTom: Photo Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    photosbytom.com Forum Index -> Digital Darkroom
ThomasHAdams
ShutterBug
ShutterBug

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

I am one of the happy ones with the recent release of Nikon ViewNX! It was a long wait for a greatly anticipated upgrade from Nikon View. I have one question at this point after getting back from a vacation and attempting to utilize Nikon ViewNX in my workflow.

After performing some editing and general PP within Nikon captureNX 1.2 I go back to Nikon ViewNX. In the thumbnail pane, I can see little icons (similar to the control point trees in CaptureNX) for images that have been modified in CaptureNX. When I highlight one of these edited NEF’s in the thumbnail view, I find that the Convert button is grayed out. If I highlight a file that has no icon similar to the control point tree in CaptureNX, the convert button is selectable...

Is this a limitation of Nikon ViewNX that will be addressed at a later date? Or is it possibly a Nikon library (dll) mismatch? If I am unable to convert files in Nikon ViewNX that have been edited within CaptureNX, I feel that Nikon ViewNX will not be a tool that compliments Capture NX as well as it could.

If anyone has any insight or if this has already been discussed I would appreciate some info or a link, perhaps both Smile

Thank you,
Thomas Adams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    photosbytom.com Forum Index -> Digital Darkroom

View next topic
View previous topic