PhotosByTom: Photo Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
ThomasHAdams
ShutterBug
ShutterBug

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:59 pm Reply with quote

I have neglected my website for, well, years Embarassed. As I placed my photography on the back burner, this site sort of went along with it. Having my hosting upgrade to PHP 7.X the fixes I did previously just couldn't hold up.

There are some features missing now, and Gallery 2.X is down and would take a lot of work to re-code for PHP 7.X so I am looking at replacing it, perhaps the entire site with something that is more commonly used and supported.

Stay tuned!

ThomasHAdams
ShutterBug
ShutterBug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:31 am Reply with quote

Progress! A lot in a very short time, it's worth celebrating. The languages have change a bit and of course, I can't code - but I can copy and paste and make edits when needed.

I believe I have settled on Piwigo, after any hours of installing, testing, reading and editing. I tried Gallery 3 again. I immediately recall why I never went to it. Just so much missing and the themes were lacking. There is an attempt to revive it and it looks promising but it would take a lot of work to create and or edit a theme to my taste.

I have even been contemplating going the word press route Shocked or buying a theme - I may still do that. However, for now I've met my goal - bring my site back to life <insert Frankenstein meme>. Very Happy

Next up I'll be repairing all the now obsolete url's used in the images on this forum. Perhaps I can get that done by this weekend!

Regards,
Tom

View next topic
View previous topic